Thorn is a local Utah pest management company. We are a QualityPro certified company which is a prestigious accreditation awarded to less than 3% of the pest management companies in the US.
Bed bug monitors are an important tool to identify bed bug infestations and to know whether treatments are working. Monitors cam be extremely effective in locating even small infestations. We put this video together to help you know how to use monitors to get the best results.
Tips when using bed bug monitors:
- Place bed bug monitors under bed and couch legs. If you can’t place the monitors under the legs or the legs don’t fit in the monitors, simply place monitors near the legs and near the bedThey will still work.
- Move beds and couches away from walls when using monitors. This increases the chances of bed bugs using the legs and being captured in the monitors.
- Remove bed skirts that touch the ground. You want the bed bugs to utilize the legs of beds.
- While a few monitors can work to capture bed bugs, generally the more the merrier. We recommend 4 monitors around every bed and couch being used.
- Inspect the monitors about once a week to determine if you have bed bugs or not. If you
- Keep the monitors free of dust and debris. Dust is the enemy of bed bug monitors so we recommend cleaning the monitors about once every 2 months. If you have pets you may need to clean them more frequent but just look and see if they are visibly dusty.