Thorn is a Utah local pest management company. We are a QualityPro certified company which is a prestigious accreditation awarded too less than 3% of the pest management companies in the US.
Tips To Help Prevent Pests Before They Enter – Dumpster Maintenance
Garbage and dumpster areas are sticky, smelly and most people don’t want to deal with it because its a mess. Taking extra time to care for this area can significantly reduce any pest issues you may be facing. These are some useful tips that we as a pest control company and you can do to help prevent and maintain these areas on your property. You can watch the video here.
- Keep the Dumpster Closed – Simply keeping the lid closed helps reduce the number of flies that can enter the dumpster.
- Service Dumpsters Regularly – Avoid allowing your dumpster to overflow. Overflowing dumpsters means garbage is likely to end up on the ground and provide easy food for rodents.
- Clean Inside and Outside – Make sure the dumpster is clean. Food spills and gunk or debris build up is a great breeding spot for flies.
- Place 50-75 Feet From Building – We know it means you have to walk farther but it also means the dumpster is not attracting flies and rodents to the building. You want them as far from the building as possible.
- Keep Surrounding Area Clean– Dumpsters are a major attractant for flies and rodents. Keeping the area clean is a critical step to making the dumpster the least attractive possible. Make it difficult for the pest to access food.
- Seal Garbage in Bags– Don’t dump loose food in a dumpster. Make sure everything is well sealed and it makes it much harder for the flies to access the food. It also helps keep the dumpster clean which also reduces fly breeding sites.
Maintaining your dumpster properly will reduce pest pressures at your facility.