As COVID-19 continues to impact our communities, we want you to know that we are here to help. It is all hands on deck to help our community. Pest control is an essential service. Thorn will remain open in the effort to protect public health and the nation’s food supply. We have an obligation to continue to provide these services throughout the pandemic. We will continue to monitor and follow CDC, federal and state guidelines and will look to them for continued guidance.
As an essential service industry, we will continue to service food production facilities, grocery stores, medical institutions, multifamily housing units, warehouses, homes and businesses. We cannot afford to have our medical facilities, groceries stores or homes unsafe due to pests and pest-related diseases, particularly as we tell people to stay home. There is not a segment of the food industry that could comply with federal sanitation and health regulations without an adequate pest control program.
Due to the nature of our jobs, we are already well-versed in personal protective equipment and sanitation. We will continue to be vigilant and have implemented these additional steps:
- Practicing social distancing and minimizing physical interactions. We will no longer be asking clients to sign for services rendered.
- Providing additional sanitation of high touch areas of our vehicles, equipment and facilities.
- Only servicing if everyone is healthy. We will be asking before entering.
- Limiting interior services if not necessary for residential clients
- Holding team meetings remotely
- We have no confirmed cases at Thorn but we are asking any Thorn member to not work if sick.
- Closely monitoring updates from CDC and following their recommendations
We are here to help. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask.
Kevin Thorn, ACE